When choosing a company for your fire and life safety needs, you should carefully vet the company to make sure they are properly licensed and bonded. You should also remember that segments of the industry, such as the the portable fire extinguisher sector, are heavily regulated. Legitimate companies will go above and beyond what the rules and regulations require of them.
As a consumer of fire and life safety products services, you should educate yourself about the industry to protect your company and both your fire and life safety investments. Here are some important facts to remember:
- Companies cannot explicitly claim, or imply, that they work for the City or County , or any other government agency.
- Technicians and Salespersons may not wear any articles of clothing displaying the Florida Firemans logo
- If a technician arrives unannounced and says they need to work on, or replace, your fire extinguishers, you have a right to call their company and ensures that they are your vendor.
- A technician or salesperson should never threaten you with fines or penalties for failing to purchase their products or utilize their services.
- Salespeople and technicians should have a complete understanding of the products or services they are selling.
- Companies should provide you with a receipt for any product or service sold.
- Technicians and/or salespeople should clearly explain what they are doing and should never try to confuse you with industry or technical jargon.
- Companies should not bombard you several times a day with harassing or annoying phone calls
A.B. Fire Equipment is a national company that recognizes the importance of engaging in ethical business practices within the communities that we serve. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question about industry practices.